Accident Lawyers in Overland Park, Kansas
If you’ve suffered an injury in Overland Park, Kansas, Jenkins Legal, LLC is an accident lawyer near you who may be able to assist you with seeking compensation for your medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost wages due to missed days from work, and pain and suffering damages. If you have been hurt due to the actions of another person or party, you may be entitled to seek a settlement for your losses. Whether you’ve been hurt in a car accident, truck accident, suffered a slip and fall on another person’s property, or have been injured due to negligence or neglect, Jenkins Legal, LLC can negotiate with insurance companies, seek damages from responsible parties, and fight to help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law. Our law firm fights for the rights of the injured in Overland Park, Kansas. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Contact Jenkins Legal, LLC today to learn more.
What Steps Should I Take After an Accident?
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, truck accident, or suffered a serious injury in Overland Park, Kansas, you may be wondering what your next steps should be to protect your rights and safety. Jenkins Legal, LLC are accident attorneys in Overland Park, Kansas who can assist you with making a claim for damages from responsible parties. The steps you take in the immediate aftermath of an accident can have an impact on your claim. What steps should you take if you have been seriously injured in Overland Park, Kansas?
- Safety First. If you are hurt, try to remain calm, stay still, and call for help. If any other drivers or passengers appear hurt, try not to move them (unless failing to move them could result in serious injury). Your first responsibility after a car accident is to seek medical attention for anyone who has been hurt. If you are too hurt to seek help, others who can assist may have a legal responsibility to do so.
- Call the Police. You should always call the police, even after a minor car accident. Some injuries may not always be apparent at the scene of a crash, and if injuries like traumatic brain injury or PTSD are diagnosed later, it can be incredibly helpful to have a police report. The police can record details at the scene of the accident, and the police report can be very helpful when making an insurance claim after an accident.
- Gather Information. If you can, exchange contact information with other drivers, get the other driver’s insurance information, and record the other vehicle’s make, model, year, and license plate number. If you’ve been hurt on another person’s property, record the address, name of the property owner, and you may want to ask if the other person is insured.
- Take Pictures. A picture can tell a compelling story to insurance companies and juries. While it is always wise to write down your memory of what happened as soon as an accident takes place, you may also want to take pictures of the scene of the accident. Photograph your injuries and any damage to your vehicle or property.
- Get the Names of Witnesses. Accidents seldom happen without other people seeing them take place. If other people saw your accident occur, write down these individual’s names and contact information. You may need to reach out to them later if you need to make a claim for personal injuries and losses.
- Tell Your Insurance Company. If you have been involved in a car or truck accident, you should let your insurance company know an accident took place as soon as possible.
- Seek Medical Care and Follow Up With Your Doctor. If you think you might have been hurt in an accident, always seek medical attention, no matter how minor you think your injuries might be. Follow your doctor’s instructions. If you are struggling to pay medical bills, Jenkins Legal, LLC is an accident law firm in Overland Park, Kansas that may be able to assist you with seeking damages to cover these costs.
- Contact an Accident Lawyer. The accident law firm of Jenkins Legal in Overland Park, Kansas may be able to assist you with seeking damages to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact our attorneys today to learn more.
These are just some of the steps you can take to protect yourself after an accident. Jenkins Legal are accident lawyers in Overland Park, Kansas who understand how stressful and challenging the aftermath of an accident can be for victims and their families. Even if you weren’t able to take all the steps outlined above, an accident lawyer may still be able to assist you with making a police report, seeking medical attention, and gathering evidence to support your claim. While you may only have a limited amount of time to make a personal injury claim, the accident lawyers at Jenkins Legal, LLC may be able to assist you. Contact us today to learn more.
Jenkins Legal, LLC works hard to defend the rights of the injured in Overland Park, Kansas. In the hours and even days after an accident, you and your family may be struggling with doctor’s appointments, surgeries, and rehabilitation costs. It can be challenging to negotiate the process of seeking damages for your losses while also trying to heal and move forward with your life. Fortunately, you may not have to navigate the legal process alone. Jenkins Legal, LLC is an accident law firm in Overland Park, Kansas who assists accident victims with their claims. Our firm may be able to help you seek compensation from insurance companies and negligent parties. Whether you suffered your injury in a car accident, truck accident, or in a slip and fall accident, time is of the essence. Jenkins Legal, LLC may be able to help. Contact our firm today for a free, initial consultation.