Truck Accident Lawyers in Overland Park, Kansas
If you’ve suffered a serious injury in a truck accident in Overland Park, Kansas, Jenkins Legal, LLC is a truck accident attorney who may be able to help you with your personal injury claim and with the insurance claim process. Truck accidents can often result in far more serious injuries than car accidents or accidents involving passenger vehicles. Trucks are far heavier, require longer distances to come to a complete stop, and the larger size of these vehicles can result in far greater damage to passenger vehicles. Truck accidents also more often result in serious injuries. These claims can often be more complex than typical car accident claims because truck drivers and companies are required to abide by strict federal regulations that govern commercial vehicles and their drivers. If you or a loved one were hurt in a truck accident in Overland Park, Kansas, contact Jenkins Legal, LLC, truck accident attorneys today. Our firm may be able to assist you with your claim.
Do I Need a Lawyer For a Truck Accident Personal Injury Claim?
While it is possible to settle with insurance companies without the assistance of a lawyer, if you have been seriously injured or are trying to make a claim against a truck driver or truck company’s insurance, you may want to seek the counsel of a truck accident law firm like Jenkins Legal, LLC in Overland Park, Kansas. Truck companies are required to abide by strict federal laws. When companies or drivers cut corners to increase their profits or bottom lines, they can put the public at risk. If a driver’ negligence or a company’s failure to abide by the law resulted in your injuries, you may be able to seek damages from insurance companies or from the truck company itself. There may be many parties potentially responsible for settling your claim after a truck accident. For example, you may be entitled to make a claim against the truck company itself, its insurers, its drivers, its shippers, or any other party that may have played a role in your accident. How can truck accident lawyers like Jenkins Legal, LLC in Overland Park, Kansas help you? Here are some ways our attorneys may be able to assist:
- Review Driver’s Logs for Hours of Service Compliance. Truck drivers are required to abide by strict hours of service laws. When drivers falsify logs or drive longer days than they are permitted, they might be driving while fatigued, which can endanger others on the road. A truck accident attorney, like the lawyers at Jenkins Legal, LLC may be able to review logs, review shipping schedules, and determine whether the truck driver involved in your accident might have been driving while fatigued.
- Review Maintenance Records for Compliance. Truck companies are required to maintain their vehicles to a far higher standard than passenger vehicles. After all, failed brakes or blown tires can carry far higher consequences for drivers and others on the road when the vehicle with the failed equipment is a semi-truck. A truck accident law firm like Jenkins Legal, LLC in Overland Park, Kansas can review maintenance records of the truck company involved in your accident and determine whether failed maintenance may have played a role in your crash. If a company cut corners, the company may have to pay for your losses.
- Review the Driver’s Records. Truck companies have a responsibility to vet their drivers. Drivers have a responsibility to undergo medical evaluations in order to maintain their commercial driver’s licenses. If a driver develops a condition that can impact his or her ability to drive, but fails to report it or fails to seek medical attention, the driver could potentially impact others on the road. Furthermore, companies have a responsibility to review a driver’s history before hiring. Sometimes companies hire drivers with poor driving records. If this happens, the truck company could potentially be held liable for any accident that occurs. If you have been hurt in a truck accident in Overland Park, Kansas, the truck accident lawyers at Jenkins Legal, LLC may be able to review the driver’s record, medical history, and other details to determine whether the driver might have been responsible for your crash.
- Weight and Loading Requirements. Truck companies are required to abide by strict laws when it comes to weighing and loading their vehicles. Overweighed trucks can be more likely to tip over. Improperly loaded trucks can be difficult to stop and can be more likely to be involved in an accident. Jenkins Legal, LLC is a truck accident law firm in Overland Park, Kansas that may be able to review the truck company’s loading practices and fight for your rights if improper loading might have resulted in your accident.
- Alcohol and Drugs. It might sound difficult to believe, but sometimes truck drivers operate their vehicles while under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. Truck companies are required to subject their drivers to regular drug testing. Drivers should never drink and drive, and state laws set lower BAC limits for commercial drivers. If a driver tested positive for drugs or alcohol after your truck accident in Overland Park, Kansas, contact Jenkins Legal, truck accident attorneys today to seek justice. Our lawyers understand that a range of circumstances can lead to a truck driver testing positive for drugs. Sometimes truck drivers are taking prescription drugs they should not take. Other times, they might be abusing these drugs. Jenkins Legal, LLC can investigate your case and fight to help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law.
These are just some of the factors that a truck accident attorney can consider if you’ve been seriously injured in a truck accident in Overland Park, Kansas. Jenkins Legal, LLC can take the time to investigate your claim, pursue responsible parties, and fight to help you and your family get the settlement you may deserve under the law. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a truck accident claim if you’ve been hurt. Contact Jenkins Legal, LLC today to learn more through a free initial consultation with our truck accident law firm.